Tuesday, October 18, 2011

40 things before 40

I read of another blogger who created a '40 things before 40' list and thought it was a great idea!  With that said, here is mine.









1.      Become a father.

2.      Adopt a child(ren).

3.      Become an amazing model of a father, husband, and follower of Jesus for my child(ren).

4.      Maintain a healthy weight (175-185 lbs).

5.      Continue to make my wife feel loved and adored.

6.      Continue my success in not biting my fingernails.

7.      Become better at disc golf by having shot at least even or below at most courses.

8.      Pay off my student loans.

9.      Feel a sense of satisfaction that I am serving God faithfully in my vocation... Regardless of what that looks like.

10.  Become a better cook.

11.  To do something incredibly special for Rachel that she won’t be expecting (I’m not sure what this is, but to figure it out and do it).

12.  Continue to play on some sort of competitive softball team.

13.  Start an ‘after school disc golf club’ for students.

14.  Find new ways to minister to the less educated and lower class of my community.

15.  Go on another 7 day cruise to the Caribbean or somewhere else with my wife/family.

16.  Be incredibly involved in my children’s development by reading to and with them, helping with homework, etc.

17.  Become better at using my time in purposeful ways, waste less of it.

18.  Visit the Royals spring training facility in Surprise, AZ during in mid-February/March to watch them train. (I've already been to the Red Sox several times)

19.  Find ways to live on less money and ‘stuff.’

20.  Continue to write napkin notes to Rachel everyday that I pack her lunch.

21.  Be very intentional about planning date nights with Rachel.

22.  Take a hot-air balloon ride (this doesn’t have to be before 40, but at some point in my life).

23.  To become an ‘all round’ amazing father.

24.  Find a way to live closer to my family.

25.  Complete an MS Bike Ride of 60+ miles or more.

26.  Find a way to help serve and minister to those who go without daily necessities like food, water, medicine, etc.

27.  See U2 and/or Coldplay in concert.

28.  To find unique and fun ways to celebrate milestones in my family's lives (and to make sure we have photos/videos of those milestones).

29.  To help be a father figure to a few people around me who don’t have a father.

30.  To become angrier about things worth being angry over and less angry about the things that has more to do with my pride and ego.

31.  To visit three more major league baseball parks that I have not been to.

32.  To get a major league baseball for my child (from a game, of course).

33.  To teach my child how to disc golf and to go disc golfing regularly.

34.  Learn to do more ‘manly things’ like install dry wall, plumbing, simple construction and auto repair, etc.

35.  Be a chaperone for one of my child’s field trips at school.

36.  Own a Golden Retriever (and possibly name the dog 'Clancy')

37.  To not judge people as much as I do now.

38.  To help Rachel create her own ’40 things before 40’ list.

39.  Visit a continent other than North America.

40.  Throw out the first pitch to a major league baseball game.

I am sure that this list will change and evolve during the next 10 years, but it is a good start!  How about you?  What are some goals you have?








No comments:

Post a Comment