Wednesday, June 29, 2011

grace/mercy

While helping pastor the church here at Fort Osage, there have been several times where I have found myself thinking thoughts like, "why didn't we think about doing 'this' years earlier?"  Or, "Imagine if we came up with this idea five years ago, we could be much further along!"

I am currently having one of these experiences.  There is this amazing opportunity to serve our community and as I am dreaming and brainstorming, my thoughts have drifted to, "why didn't we start this years ago?"  As I pondered the question, I gradually came to a realization.  I am so thankful that we serve a God who is patient with his children and nurtures us along the long road of maturity and growth.  When I finished up college and seminary, I remember thinking to myself that it shouldn't be long until I reach full maturity as a pastor and leader.  Having that type of mindset naturally lent itself to discouragement as I would become increasingly aware of my limitations and shortfalls as a minister.

But may I say it again, praise God for his mercy and grace in our lives.  Thank God for continuing to speak truth and love to his children as we seek to grow and understand what it means and looks like to be faithful.

No comments:

Post a Comment