Wednesday, June 22, 2011

ordination

It looks like in August I will be receiving my ordination in the Church of the Nazarene.  To be quite honest, for a while I viewed ordination as simply a hoop to be jumped through.  However, as the process is coming to a close, I am quite humbled by the entire process.

There have been and will be times when people will look at me and question my abilities and calling as a pastor and a minister of the gospel.  There will be times when I will wonder I even bother being a pastor.  However, it is during times like this I will remember that my local church, my district, and the leadership of the denomination has looked at me and affirmed God's call, gifting, and graces in my life... and that will be what I need to keep going.

I thank God for all those ministers, pastors, teachers, men, and women who have gone before us in the faith for the sake of the Gospel and I thank God that I, along with many others, many continue to join them.

No comments:

Post a Comment